ECO-UNESCO is seeking motivated ECO-UNESCO Club Leader Volunteers to bring sustainable development to your community by supporting the expansion of our Youth for Sustainbale Development programme (YSD) nationwide. By volunteering you will help to raise awareness about environmental and global justice issues whilst contributing to the personal development of young people in your area.
Why become an ECO-UNESCO Club Leader?
- Unique opportunity to upskill and empower young people and impact their personal development.
- Contribute to raising awareness about environmental and global justice issues.
- This is a great opportunity to give yourself a new and exciting challenge, and to develop your facilitation, youth work and organisational skills
We are seeking motivated volunteers to assist with the delivery of workshops to young people that increase their knowledge, values and understanding of the environment and sustinable development issues. You don't have to be an expert on these isssues, just a passion for youth work and an interest in seeing a more just and sustainable world!
ECO-UNESCO have been running the Youth for Sustainable programme in Dublin since 2007 and have developed a 12 workshop outline delivered in a weekly basis. This requires a time commitment of 2-3 hours per week for 12 weeks.
We will provide you with:
- Full training in advance that includes faciliation skills and how to plan and carry out the 12 workshops involved in the programme.
- 'Youth for the Future' resource pack, which has the issues and activities for the 12 workshops.
- Ongoing support from ECO-UNESCO staff (including face to face, telephone and email support).
The experience you have will include:
- Working with young people either professional, or as a volunteer, and be able to provide references if successful.
- The ability to be creative, fun and understand the point of view of young people and their ideas on the environment and sustainable development.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Good team-working skills.
- Ability to understand and capture the imagination of young people's ideas.
- Passionate about the development of young people and/or the environment.
We are currently seeking volunteer in the Carlow and the Louth/Meath area. If you would like to register your interest please click here.