This short course provides a practical and interactive introduction to ECO-Community Gardens.
By the end of the training participants will:
- Understand the advantages of an ECO-Community Garden to the local and global environment
- Identify the benefits of an ECO-Community Garden project in relation to empowering and educating youth/community groups
- Be familiar with activities to engage and motivate youth/community groups in environmental awareness and learning
- Have skills to undertake the steps of the action plan and to design, create and maintain an ECO-Community Garden with youth/community groups
- Be able to apply low budget, re-used and recycled materials in creation of ECO-Community Garden
- Be inspired to engage youth/community groups in undertaking action in their locality through interactive learning and critical thinking
Anyone interested in learning more about setting up a Community Garden.
Where and When?
On Demand (special group fee): ECO-UNESCO also runs this course to groups on request; if you are interested please contact us.
€70 ECO-UNESCO Members, students, unwaged, young people under 25;
€80 Voluntary and Community Sector;
Special offer: Receive a 10% discount when 2 people form the same organisation sign up
How do I book?
Expression of Interest
For further information please fill in the form here.
Return to: Training Courses »