This short course introduces participants to peer education and how it can be used in work with young people. Participants will learn how to develop a peer education approach centred on the principles of sustainability and leadership.
By the end of the training participants will:
- Be confident in developing a Peer Education approach through participative Education for Sustainable Development methods
- Be able to engage young people in issues of Sustainable
- Development and examine how the principles of Sustainable Development tie into their lives
- Know how to facilitate personal development in young people as Peer Educators
- Be confident and able to use the Youth for the Future peer education and sustainability resource
Youth leaders, teachers, community educators and anyone who wants to learn more about peer education theory and practical ways of using it for sustainability.
ECO-UNESCO @ The Greenhouse, 17 St Andrew Street, Dublin 2
Time: 10.00am - 4.00pm
Dates: 23 Feb / 22 March/ 11 Oct/ 21 Nov (2012)
€45 ECO-UNESCO Members, students, unwaged, young people under 25;
€50 Voluntary and Community Sector;
(Fee includes the Youth for the Future handbook)(Subsidised by Irish Aid)
Free to youth workers in non-formal education
How do I book?
Enrol now! Download Booking form here.
Expression of Interest
For further information please fill in the form here.