Who can set up an ECO-UNESCO Club?
The ECO-UNESCO Clubs programme is open to any group of 2 or more people aged 10 – 18. You can start your own club or affiliate an existing group. So find a friend, talk to your environmental committee or community group and sign up today.
Why set up an ECO-UNESCO Club?
Benefits of forming an ECO-UNESCO Club:
- Each Club receives a Clubs pack with valuable information on setting up a Club and how to plan a project
- Ongoing support, mentoring, and advice from ECO-UNESCO staff
- Opportunities to attend events and trainings throughout the year
- Access to seeds grants through the Toyota Clubs in Action programme
- Be a part of an all-island network of hundreds ECO-UNESCO Clubs, made up of thousands young people
Advantages to being a member of an ECO-UNESCO Club:
- Take part in environmental activities and raise environmental awareness in your community
- Meet other young people who are interested in environmental issues
- Develop new personal skills such as communication, team-building and leadership skills
- Learn planning and management skills
- Have fun taking part in environmental action projects, campaigns, events and activities
Once you decide that you wish to become a Club then all you have to do is follow these six simple steps:
Step 1 – Bring a new or existing group together
Step 2 – Get permission from an adult*
Step 3 – Contact ECO-UNESCO’s Clubs Team. Download an application form here
Step 4 – Organise meetings
Step 5 – Draw up a plan of action and share tasks among members
Step 6 – Have fun and take action for the environment
*If you are affiliating an existing club or youth group, please get permission from your teacher or youth leader.
To get your ECO-UNESCO Club off the ground, send an email to the ECO-UNESCO Clubs Team today!