This training programme is open to participants aged 12 to 21 years. It is particularly suitable for Youth Reach settings, youth community groups & anybody else with an interest in life, social & environmental skills development.
The flexible programme runs one session a week (between 1-2hours) for 10-12 weeks both indoors and outdoors and includes taking a local environmental action of their choice and peer education training. This however can be adapted to the needs of the group. This project is funded through the Young People’s Facilities and Services Fund. It is therefore free of charge and open to “at risk” young people between 12-21yrs not receiving funding under the same stream. ECO-UNESCO facilitate the programme in the Greenhouse (in Dublin city centre), however it is possible to provide it on an outreach basis if group travel to the city center is not feasible.
On successful completion of this programme, participants should be able to:
- Reflect on their individual qualities and those of others
- Identify the major influences in their lives
- Recognise how attitudes and values affect how one views things in life (perhaps different to others)
- Reflect on how decisions are made and the consequences they can have (both positive and negative) for the future
- Recognise the differences between passive, aggressive & assertive communication
- Examine how the environment (surrounding and natural) affects the individual and others
- Explore discrimination and its impacts
- Identify how physical and mental health are impacted by diet and exercise
- Examine the effects of drug misuse on person, family, community and environment
- Identify the strategies and supports available for ensuring well being in the short and long term
- Examine the connections between one here and people / environment in other parts of the world
- Describe the role of a Peer Educator.
For more information or to book:
Contact ECO-UNESCO at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +353 (0)1 662 5491
Expression of Interest
For further information please fill in the form here.