This programme, leading to a component certificate in Community Participation QQI Accredited Module Level 3, explores community development principles including empowerment, participation & sustainability. Community issues & responses are explored using class room, practical & inquiry based learning methods. In doing so the programme promotes active citizenship through community participation in environmental protection, education & conservation.
The Objectives for the programme are as follows:
- To acquire a general knowledge of local community development in theory & in practise
- To develop know how & skill in planning and participating in a local community based environmental action project work
- To acquire competence in active citizenship at a local community level
- To further develop practical life skills including problem solving, critical thinking, relational thinking, decision making/consequence learning and self awareness
- To develop communication, project planning and facilitation skills
As part of ECO-Choices this QQI Accredited course is delivered with young people between 16-21 years in mind. Young people are supported and encouraged throughout this programme to achieve the award of a QQI Level 3.