Join our team!
1 job offer
Project Officer – Youth for Sustainable Development
LOCATION: 9 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2 – hybrid working options
SALARY: Starting salary depends on experience
EMPLOYMENT: 2-year contract with a view to permanency, full-time
Founded in 1986, ECO-UNESCO is Ireland’s environmental education and youth organisation, affiliated to the World Federation of UNESCO Clubs, Centres and Associations (WFUCA) and working to channel the passion, creativity, and energy of young people into positive environmental action. Through our range of programmes and services we inspire, educate, empower, and support young people to act.
ECO-UNESCO seeks to employ a Project Officer for our Youth for Sustainable Development (YSD) programme. This is a position of responsibility within ECO-UNESCO. You will assist with the delivery of our Youth for Sustainable Development (YSD) programme, including recruitment of participants, setting up clubs, developing content, planning and direct workshop delivery. If you have a passion for youth development and environmental education, are enthusiastic, motivated with great people management and organisation skills then we would love to hear from you.
How can you make a difference?
The Officer duties will include the following:
- Assisting the running of the YSD Global Youth Leaders for Change Youth Peer Education Programmes and associated support programmes.
- Assisting in the implementation of the ECO-Sustainability Award for youth and community
- Organising events including workshops, seminars, and other
- Developing, promoting, and implementing training programmes for young people and youth
- Promoting the establishment of ECO-UNESCO /YSD clubs regionally; assisting in volunteer recruitment, training, and support of
- Assisting in the delivery and running the YSD related QQI accredited training courses including, project support, marking and administration.
- Researching and writing materials as needed
- Developing and delivering identified outreach workshops
- Supporting in other ECO-UNESCO programmes as required.
- Promoting ECO-UNESCO’s YSD and development education programme through talks and presentations.
- Updating all participant information in Salesforce
- Completing Monitoring and Evaluation activities on a regular basis
- Undertaking any other such relevant duties as directed
- Assisting in any other areas of ECO-UNESCO work
- Representing ECO-UNESCO on relevant ESD and DE Bodies.This role description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and can be amended. ECO-UNESCO reserves the right to reassign staff as appropriate and necessary.
- 3rd Level Qualification in a related field – in sustainable development/environmental studies or science / ecology/biology/ geography/ education
- An education or youth work qualification would be beneficial.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally possess the following experience:
- At least 2 years work experience in direct work with and young people (10-18); youth work, education and/or environmental education/sustainable development and /or in a similar youth scheme/programme
- Experience in developing and delivering youth, education and training programmes
- Demonstrable organization skills, having managed multiple priorities and adherence to deadlines
- Budgetary management experience from initial planning through to end of project reporting.
- A strong interest in the environment international development and working with young
- A full, clean driving.
Please send a completed Application Form along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and mark the email:
Project Officer Youth for Sustainable Development