To support the personal development of young people and raise environmental awareness through practical environmental projects.
ECO-UNESCO aims to:
- raise environmental awareness, understanding and knowledge among young people
- promote the protection and conservation of the environment
- support the personal development of young people through practical environmental projects and activities.
- promote the ideals of UNESCO
- ECO-UNESCO promotes a deeper understanding and appreciation of the beauty and importance of the natural world.
- ECO-UNESCO encourages a respect for nature thus encouraging respect for diversity, which in turn will lead to a respect for all diversity to include cultural and social diversities.
- ECO-UNESCO supports and encourages active environmental stewardship by increasing understanding of the linkages between human behaviour and our wider environment.
- ECO-UNESCO prepares young people to take a more active, positive and responsible role in society.
- ECO-UNESCO provides young people with the opportunity to learn directly about how to work together to better their local communities.
Raising of Self-esteem:
Our work is based on two simple ideas: “learning by doing” and “thinking globally, acting locally”. When a young person gains hands-on, practical experience through local environment projects, they develop new skills, confidence and self-esteem.
ECO-UNESCO promotes environmental appreciation, conservation work, civic-mindedness and social responsibility among young people.