What is the Youth Climate Justice Challenge?
The Youth Climate Justice program has been designed to give young people the opportunity to learn and explore the topic of climate justice. The program provides a set of workshops created to upskill young people on project management, communication skills, and video editing. The program aims to provide young people with the skills and knowledge to empower them to feel confident to stand up, take action and create change.
- Learn about Climate Justice through interactive workshops
- Learn project managing skills
- Learn ‘how to communicate effectively with people in power to enact change’
- Attend a film editing workshop ran by The Young Irish Film Makers
- Take part in a weeklong climate justice-themed program with talks, workshops, and activities
- Design and deliver a group action project to create change
- The opportunity to showcase their action project to the public.
What future do you want? One which is more environmental & social equal? 🌎
Then why not join our 6-week Youth for Sustainable Development program?
👍Explore topics around climate & social justice
👍Gain key skills, debating, critical analysis, teamwork
👍Develop long lasting friendships
👍Guest speakers, case studies & lots of activities
As part of our Climate Justice Eco Week we asked all our amazing speakers including activists, academics, politicians, dancers to share with us their favourite resources that inspire them. We have pulled them all together to share with you a variety of podcasts, playlists, articles, reading lists, ted talks and more….. Take a look at our padlet board you won’t be disappointed
If you want to learn more about Climate Justice, then check out our resources page below. We have pulled together some beautiful items to support you with exploring the topic of climate justice and help you on your journey to enacting positive social and environmental change. Enjoy!