The Success of Clubs in Action 2011
In 2011 ECO-UNESCO, in partnership with Toyota Ireland, offered seed grants to ECO-UNESCO Clubs across Ireland as part of the Clubs in Action Programme. 18 ECO-UNESCO Clubs from 9 different counties received the grants to carry out local environmental action projects. The 18 Clubs are made up of young people aged between 10 and 18. A total of 254 young people directly participated in the programme.
The projects carried out by the young people had both direct and indirect impacts. Direct impacts were made on the young people and immediate area where they carried out their projects. Indirectly, the projects had an impact through wider community involvement at different stages and through awareness-raising activities.
Congratulations to all of the leaders and young people who participated in ECO-UNESCO’s Clubs in Action programme supported by Toyota. This year turned out to be a huge success, and here at ECO-UNESCO we are delighted to see so many young people coming together and taking action within their local community.
The ECO-UNESCO Clubs awarded Toyota Clubs in Action grants in 2011 were:
- Paistí Glas, Letterfrack, Co. Galway
- ASESP Teen Peer Group, Sherriff Street, Dublin
- Bowes Boys, Glasheen BNS, Scoil Mhuire Gan Small, Glasheen, Co. Cork
- Nutgrove & Columbanus Youth Centre, Rathfarnham, Dublin
- Mission Greenpossible, St. Conleths College Sec School, Ballsbridge, Dublin
- The Green Team Blakestown Community School, Blanchardstown, Dublin
- Green Fingers Gang, Presentation Secondary School, Limerick
- Abbey Vocational Cycling Club, Donegal
- Cavan Youthreach, Co. Cavan
- East Cork/Youghal Youthreach, Co. Cork
- ECO-UNESCO Peer Educators (PEPs), Dublin
- Team Plunkett, Plunkett College, Whitehall, Dublin
- St. Mary’s Academy CBS, Carlow
- Green Dudes, St. Conaire’s N.S., Shannon, Co. Clare
- Stoneybatter Youth Service, Dublin
- Treebees, Clara Youthreach, Co. Offaly
- Green Up and Clean Up Club, Ennistymon Vocational School, Co. Clare
- Youthreach Letterfrack, Co. Galway