Level 3 : Community Participation
ECO-UNESCO has become widely acknowledged as an expert training organisation in sustainability in Ireland.
ECO-UNESCO is an accredited QQI centre operating under the qualities and standards set out by QQI, the National Awarding Body.
Award Type: Minor
Awarding Body: QQI
NFQ Level: 3
Credit Value: 10
Duration: 100 hours (normally over 12 weeks)
Programme Purpose and Learning Outcomes
Programme Purpose: To equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to become involved in community activities and gain other related skills for work and social situations.
On successful completion of the course, learners will be able to;
- Define the term community
- Describe a range of community and voluntary activities
- Describe the characteristics of a local community
- Compile a list of community and voluntary organisations in a named locality
- Describe the activities of local community and voluntary organisations
- Prepare an action plan for participation in a community project including contact information about the organization, location at which the work is to be carried out, estimation of the time required and scheduling details and any special requirements for the project
- Participate consistently in a short community project
- Apply appropriate health, safety and personal hygiene procedures during participation in the project
- Maintain a daily record while participating in the community project including tasks undertaken, resources, facilities and equipment used, adaptations to the planned schedule and achievements of the project
- Compile a report on participation in the project including key aspects of the organization, duration, location, nature and extent of the project, and achievements of the project
- Reflect critically on participation in the community project including personal learning, successes and areas for improvement
- Reflect on the impact of the project on the community or organization for which it was carried out and other projects that would benefit the organization or local community.
Entry Requirements, Assessment and Transfer Progression
- Must be able to demonstrate the levels of knowledge, skill and competence associated with NFQ level 2
- Competent in written and spoken English
- Be comfortable studying in a virtual learning environment (VLE)
Portfolio/Collection of work: 100%
Transfer and Progression
This minor award can be used to meet the requirements of the following major award;
- 3M0874 | Level 3 | General Learning
If you want to know more about the QQI Accredited Training