ECO-UNESCO’s ECO-Choices Programme is a programme that focuses on the positive aspects of a community and the environment.
It looks at how a community and the environment can provide positive physical and mental wellbeing. The programmes non-formal, interactive methodologies support the building of the young peoples capacities to make positive life choices.
The programme is based on the ideas that:
1. Environmental action projects and environmental activities can provide a very positive alternative for young people
2. Environmental education is a powerful means of developing young peoples sensitivities to others and the world around them.
3. The natural environment is a powerful medium, which can affect peoples’ attitudes and their behaviour.
The Eco-Choices Programmes aims to:
- Focus on empowerment of young people by using the natural environment as a platform for positive psychological and physical development
- The programme will be tailored to suit each individual group’s needs, to ensure that their knowledge, attitudes and experiences are acknowledged and taken account of
- Build on the experience of ECO-UNESCO to date, of working with young people and the environment
- The resources and experience of ECO-UNESCO shall be incorporated into the programme as much as possible
- Incorporate a variety of interactive approaches including outdoor learning activities
- Be conscious of the fact that drug misuse does not occur in a vacuum but rather has multiple causes and effects
- Be monitored and evaluated at regular intervals
- ECO-Youth Choices 10-12 Week Programme
- ECO-Youth CHOICES Peer Education
- ECO-Youth Choices Action Project Support
- ECO-Youth CHOICES – Social Personal Health Education
- Community Participation Course (QQI Accredited Module – L3)
- ECO-Youth Choices outdoor education
If you want to know more about the Eco-Choices programme