ECO-UNESCO’s ECO-Choices Programme is a programme that focuses on the positive aspects of a community and the environment.
It looks at how a community and the environment can provide positive physical and mental wellbeing. The programmes non-formal, interactive methodologies support the building of the young peoples capacities to make positive life choices.
The programme is based on the ideas that:
1. Environmental action projects and environmental activities can provide a very positive alternative for young people
2. Environmental education is a powerful means of developing young peoples sensitivities to others and the world around them.
3. The natural environment is a powerful medium, which can affect peoples’ attitudes and their behaviour.
The Eco-Choices Programmes aims to:
Focus on empowerment of young people by using the natural environment as a platform for positive psychological and physical development
The programme will be tailored to suit each individual group’s needs, to ensure that their knowledge, attitudes and experiences are acknowledged and taken account of
Build on the experience of ECO-UNESCO to date, of working with young people and the environment
The resources and experience of ECO-UNESCO shall be incorporated into the programme as much as possible
Incorporate a variety of interactive approaches including outdoor learning activities
Be conscious of the fact that drug misuse does not occur in a vacuum but rather has multiple causes and effects
Be monitored and evaluated at regular intervals
- ECO-Youth Choices 10-12 Week Programme
- ECO-Youth CHOICES Peer Education
- ECO-Youth Choices Action Project Support
- ECO-Youth CHOICES – Social Personal Health Education
- Community Participation Course (QQI Accredited Module – L3)
- ECO-Youth Choices outdoor education
If you want to know more about the Eco-Choices programme