Youth for Sustainable Development
ECO-UNESCO’s Youth for Sustainable Development programme promotes Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) in the non-formal education sector through a Peer Education approach.
We’ll equip you with knowledge and skills to bring about sustainable changes in your life and in your community.
Want to be part of our next group?
Starting late March 2021
Objectives of the programme
To empower young people
To give young people a voice
To create a safe space for young people
To take positive action for change
Youth for Sustainable Development Programme Journey
Why this programme is different?
- you learn about sustainable development in an informal, dynamic and safe learning environment
- you get to be immersed in discussions about issues that matter (environment, society, politics)
- the expression of your opinion on issues is encouraged
- you take action
- you learn to dialogue about environmental and political policy
- you have the opportunity to travel and represent ECO-UNESCO at national and inter-national events
- you can do a QQI Level 5 course in Peer Education
- you can use it towards your Gaisce Award
- you are given a platform at high-level events to express your views
- you go on trips to build friendships and further your environmental knowledge
- you make friends
- you are encouraged to be you!