ECO-UNESCO is delighted to be working in collaboration with the City of Dublin VEC’s Access programme in 2011.
ECO Youth Choices – Access Programme is an innovative 6-week rolling programme for separated young people based on empowerment, self confidence and self esteem building and personal development using environmental education as a resource.
Building on the experience of ECO-UNESCO, this programme utilizes a number of creative interactive indoor and outdoor activities deriving from a range of ECO-UNESCO youth and education and training programmes such as the ECO-Youth Choices programme among others.
This programme has the following overall aims:
- To enhance the Self Awareness and build Self Confidence of young people by reflecting on the unique qualities of each as an individual and encourage a positive sense of personal identity
- To further develop & foster assertive communication, problem solving and group cohesion skills
- To stimulate imagination and artistic expression through the creative use of materials.
- To introduce permaculture as a conflict resolution approach
- To connect young people with the local urban and natural environment exploring opportunities for health and wellbeing
- To introduce young people to Irish Coastal habitats, their importance; and the various opportunities there are for utilizing the local natural environment for rest and stress relief.
If you have a group or organisation which could benefit from ECO-UNESCO’s expertise contact ,a href=”mailto:email@example.com”>firstname.lastname@example.org or call Armin on +353 1 662 54 91 to discuss options available.