Join our team!
Communications Assistant - Internship
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation that is making a real difference to the lives of young people and the environment. If you have a passion for the environment, social media, are enthusiastic, motivated with online platforms and design skills then we would love to hear from you.
ECO-UNESCO seeks a Communications Assistant-Intern. This is a position of responsibility within ECO-UNESCO. You will oversee some aspects of the Communications Department, including social media, website, newsletter and design.
Reporting to: Communications Officer
Location: ECO-UNESCO’S Headquarters at 9 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2.
Time: To be decided/ As per availability
Salary: Unpaid internship
- Assisting in the creation of new engaging content for online platforms, including blog pieces, articles,
- social media posts, newsletters, and videos
- Writing engaging copy for use on relevant social media platforms.
- Research about environmental trends and issues to share with our audience
- Engaging with online community and respond to comments and requests.
- Creating weekly plan for social media
- Scheduling social media
- Creating social media reports
- Writing content for ECO-UNESCO’s blog
- Online events assistance
This role description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and can be amended. ECO-UNESCO reserves the right to reassign staff as appropriate and necessary.
- Previous experience working as a community manager in a similar role or alternatively a background in social media ideally from a similar industry.
- Experience with Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube are essential.
- Knowledge of Hootsuite or similar programs to manage online postings on different platforms.
- Knowledge of design tools (Adobe package)
- Experience creating and editing videos
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Be a self-starter with a positive, can-do attitude
- Be dependable and flexible
- Be committed to working as part of a team and to the values and principles of ECO-UNESCO
- Be able to take direction
Closing Date for receipt of Applications – midnight Friday 2nd October 2020
Please send a copy of a completed Application Form (See below) with a Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mark in subject line Employment Opportunities – Communication Assistant – Internship (Private and Confidential)
By completing and submitting this form you consent to ECO-UNESCO processing the personal data provided to assess this application for employment. No further processing of your data will occur beyond this purpose.
ECO-UNESCO will retain this application for up to 12 months, after which it will be deleted.