ECO-UNESCO is following all Government advice in relation to Covid-19.
All ECO-UNESCO groups & clubs are suspended until further notification from the Irish government . We will be communicating with groups about online meet ups and other non-face-to-face arrangements.
ECO-UNESCO’s Young Environmentalist Awards ECO-Dens are postponed. See more info below.
The Taoiseach has announced the following measures to contain the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19):
• schools, colleges, and childcare facilities will close from tomorrow (Friday)
• indoor mass gatherings of 100 people or more and outdoor mass gatherings of more than 500 people should be cancelled
• all State-run cultural institutions will close
These measures will come into effect from 13th March until further notification from the Irish government. We feel that it is the appropriate response in the interests of protecting the wellbeing of all who would be attending our activities and events.
ECO-Den postponement notification
Due to the announcement made by the Taoiseach this morning 12th March at 11.30am that additional measures to contain the COVID-19 virus are to be enacted from 6pm this evening – these include the closure of all schools, colleges, childcare facilities & cultural institutions, and the cancellation of mass gatherings of more than 100 people.
ECO-UNESCO has taken the decision to postpone the Young Environmentalist Awards Regional ECO-Dens in the interest of protecting the wellbeing of all who would be attending these events. ECO-Dens were to take place on the following dates in the following locations:
- Dublin 18 March UCD
- Dublin 19 March UCD
- Dublin 20 March UCD
- Ulster 24 March Lough Neagh Discovery Centre
- Cork 27 March UCC
- Galway 30 March NUIG
- Limerick 31 March Strand Hotel
- Dublin 3 April DCU
These measures are to remain in place, pending further review, until further notification from the Irish government. Given the proximity of the Easter break, we hope to re-schedule the ECO-Dens for late April or early May. We will continue to review the situation and will issue further communications on this. In order to minimise the impact on mentor and participant schedules when schools re-open, we intend to conduct the ECO-Dens online, via Skype, Google Hangouts or similar services.
We encourage all groups to continue working on their projects. You will all receive another email in the coming days with a new link to allow continued access to your project submission folders online.
For those of you who have made the online booking for your ECO-Den slot, you will shortly receive a cancellation notification email. Once we have certainty and can re-schedule the ECO-Dens, you will be notified and the booking system re-opened for you to select a new slot.
ECO-UNESCO Youth Groups / Youth for Sustainable Development
Our face to face services is now closed until the end of March 2020 as a precautionary measure to protect our service users, staff, volunteers, and the general public from the risk of COVID-19 virus.
We will be linking with groups digitally, by email, SMS, phone call, or video conference.
The work of ECO-UNESCO will continue throughout this period, with some changes. We would encourage you all to follow us on social media where we will be posting regular updates from young people across the country as they continue to have their voices heard on environmental matters.
We feel that it is the appropriate response in the interests of protecting the wellbeing of all who would be attending these events.
If you have any particular queries or concerns arising from closures, the ECO-UNESCO team are available to help:
- National Director: Elaine Nevin. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mobile phone: 087 792 9366
- Operations and Development Manager: Breon Timmons. Email: email@example.com. Mobile phone: 086 041 4798
- Young Environmentalist Awards: Susie Spratt. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mobile phone: 086 048 9002
- Youth for Sustainable Development Programme: Clare Sheppard. Email: email@example.com. Mobile phone: 086 171 1991
- Eco-Choices Programme: Doireann Dunbar. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mobile phone:086 048 8859
- Workshops: Dunchadh Kinane. Email: email@example.com. Mobile phone: 086 012 8529 or Eimear Manning. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mobile phone: 086 704 3400
- Green Skills: Caitlin Wilson. Email: email@example.com. Mobile phone: 086 048 9010
- Communications: Samantha Andrades. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mobile phone: 0851250282
- Accounts and Finance: Vince Harney. Email: email@example.com.
For general queries, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01 662 5491.
We will update you further if we receive any advice from the authorities. Until then, stay safe and stay well.